Lesson.2 My Hobbies
Lesson.2.1> My Hobbies – Do It Yourself
My Little Pictionary
|Hem (v)||fold and sew the edge of a cloth|
|Mermaid (n)||a mythological creature with a woman’s head and upper body and a tail of a fish.|
|Earthworm (n)||a warm that lives in the ground|
|Fry (n)||baby of a fish|
|Angling (n)||fish with a rod and line|
Let Us Learn
|Hi, I am Vinoth.|
When I was young, my parents and other elders did everything for me. Now
|Okay… Let me introduce my friends and their hobbies.|
|Hi, I am Rosy.|
|Hi, I am Megalai.|
|Hi, I am James.|
|Hi, I am Aliya.|
|Hi, I am Raju.|
- DIY kid – Do It Yourself kid. Someone who does any work on their own
- sew – making stitches with a needle
- cereals – grains used for food
- slicing – cut into slices
- neat – clean
- ride – drive
- compete – fight
Let Us Understand
A. Match their hobbies
B. Choose the correct answers.
1. ________ is a Do It Yourself kid.
Ans : Vinoth
2. Rosy ________ a bicycle.
Ans : rides
3. Raju loves ________.
Ans : cooking
C. Answer the following questions.
1. Who sews the cloth?
Aliya sews the cloth.
2. What does Megalai do with elders?
Megalai swims with elders.
3. How does Raju help his mother? How?
Raju helps by cleaning grains and cereals. He prepares a few simple dishes.
4. What does DIY kid refer to?
DIY refers to Do It Yourself.
5. What is your hobby?
My hobby is collecting stamps.
Answer the following questions.
1. Who hems the border?
Aliya hems the border.
2. Who is good at cooking?
Raju is good at cooking.
3. Who owns a garden?
James owns a garden.
Let Us Build
Some words sound the same but their spelling and meaning are different. Such words are called homophones. There are many homophones.
A. Look at the picture and tick the correct word.
B. Connect and write the homophones in the box.
C. Write the homophone for the given word and draw the picture.
D. Pick out the correct option from the given homophones.
1. I saw a ____________ (be / bee) on the flower.
Ans : bee
2. The wind ___________ (blew / blue) off the leaves.
Ans : blew
3. What did you ___________ (buy / by) at the store?
Ans : buy
4. You should never __________ (lye / lie) to your parents.
Ans : lie
5. The driver applied the __________. (brake / break)
Ans : break
6. It is illegal to ________ drugs. (cell / sell)
Ans : sell
7. Come _________. (hear / here)
Ans : here
8. Don’t ________ on the wall. (right / write)
Ans : write
Some Useful Pages