Lesson.2.2> Savings – What do humans save?
- pile to collect.
- pantries a storage room.
- prey an animal that is hunted and killed by another for food.
- granary a storehouse for threshed grain.
- cannery a place where the food is packed in cans or tins.
A. Match with their storing places.
B. Fill in the blanks with rhyming words
1. anthill – _______.
Ans : fulfill
2. tunnels – _______.
Ans : channels
3. larder – _______.
Ans : starter
4. tree – _______.
Ans : free
C. Answer the following questions.
1. Where do ants pile their food?
Ants pile its food in ant hill.
2. Where do the crocodiles save?
The crocodiles save food in their pantries.
3. What do you save? Why it is needed?
I save everything that nature has given. Because it is needed for future.
Answer the following questions.
1. Where do the farmers store their harvest?
The farmers store their harvest in a granary
2. Where do squirrels reserve food?
Squirrels reserve food in a larder
Let Us Know
Simple past tense is used to describe an action that has happened. You already know the verb forms they are:
The past form is used in simple past tense. Come let us use it.
|I wrote the test.||You went home||He ran to the class room|
|She played chess|
|We played football.||It flew away|
|They visited him|
I boiled the water.
|We boiled the water.||She boiled the water.|
|You boiled the water.||It (stove) boiled the water.|
|He boiled the water||They boiled the water.|
We saw simple past tense for action verb. Now let us see the simple past tense for “be” form verbs (state of being)
|I was an engineer.||We were young.|
|He was a pilot.||You were a patient.|
|She was a soldier.||They were students.|
|It was a computer.|
We use the past tense to talk about.
Write the past form of the verbs.
|read – read|
|sing – sang|
|sleep – slept|
Complete the sentence with the simple past form of the given verbs.
1. It ________ (snow) last winter.
Ans : snowed
2. The rain ________ (continue) all day.
Ans : continued
3. I ________ (lose) my balance.
Ans : lost
4. We ________ (stand) for hours.
Ans : stood
5. Tom ________ (come) home from school.
Ans : came
Simple future tense refers to an action or event that has not yet happened.
The present form is used in simple future tense with the auxillaries shall or will. Come let us use it.
|I shall/will meet him tomorrow.||We shall/will meet him tomorrow.||He will meet him tomorrow.|
|You will meet him tomorrow.||She will meet him tomorrow|
|They will meet him tomorrow.||It will reach him tomorrow|
In the above example, you can see the verb is in the present form.
The word shall and will are used for I and we.
Will is used for you, they, he, she, it.
We use the simple future tense for actions that yet to happen.
Circle the sentences that is in simple future tense.
- They washed the van.
- Kamal will meet you at the shop.
- My dad helps me read.
- It will rain tomorrow.
- He ate many mangoes
2. Kamal will meet you at the shop.
4. It will rain tomorrow.
Fill in the blanks with simple future tense of the verb.
1. Sakthi _________ (earn) a lot of money.
Ans : will earn
2. You _________ (travel) around the world.
Ans : will travel
3. Everybody _________ (adore) you.
Ans : will adore
4. Many people _________ (serve) you.
Ans : will serve
5. They _________ (anticipate) your wishes.
Ans : will anticipate
Let Us Listen
Learn how they speak in the bank and practise as if you were in that situation.
Bank Manager : How can I help you?
Customer : I am here to deposit money.
Bank Manager : Ok, let me fill the form for you.
Customer : Thanks sir. But I can fill it myself.
Bank Manager : Good. Here is your pay-in-slip.
Customer : Which counter should I go to?
Bank Manager : Let me check your pay-in-slip.
Customer : Here it is, sir.
Bank Manager : Good, you have filled it correctly. You can deposit your money in counter 3.
Customer : Thank you sir.
Structures that are useful for this situation.
- Will you help me fill this form, Sir ?
- Can you give me a withdrawl slip?
Some Useful Pages