Lesson.2 Creativity Around Me
Lesson.2.2> Creativity Around Me – The Painter
- bend – shape into a curve.
- strokes – gentle movement of hand.
- chokes – stops.
- dip – put something in liquid.
A. Name the pictures and match it with the rhyming words.
|Ans : 1 – c, 2 – d, 3 – b, 4 – a|
B. Answer the following questions.
1. What does she paint?
She paints a panther
2. Does the brush bend to her will?
Yes, the brush bends to her will.
3. How does she move the brush?
She moves it like a dancer.
1. How does her canvas look like?
Her canvas used to be colourless.
2. Where does she sit?
She sits on the cold mud floor.
3. How does the paint flow?
The flow of paint is smooth and it never chokes.
Let Us Know
The rabbit has long ears.
The word long tells what kind of ears the rabbit has.
long describes the rabbit’s ears.
The house is green.
The word green tells us the colour of the house.
Green describes the house’s colour.
Kasthuri has three colourful balloons.
Three and colourful tells us more about noun baloon.
Three describes number and colourful describes quality.
Words that describe noun are called adjectives.
The adjectives give more detail about the noun’s size, shape, colour and count.
A. Match the adjective with the appropriate picture.
B. Use the picture and the words to write the adjective.
|long||1. The giraffe is ______|
Ans : tall.
|round||2. Its neck is ________.|
Ans : long
|short||3. Its eyes are _______.|
Ans : round
|yellow||4. Its skin is ______.|
Ans : yellow
|tall||5. Its tail is _______.|
Ans : short
|soft||1. The are ______birds.|
Ans : three
|small||2. The bird’s feather is very_____.|
Ans : soft
|blue||3. The colour of the birds is _____|
Ans : blue
|three||4. It s skin is ______|
Ans : small
|hungry||5. The babies are __________|
Ans : hungry
C) Use adjectives you think for each of these words. You can write more than one adjectives.
1. a_____________ boy.
Ans : clever
2. a_____________ wind.
Ans : storm
3. a_____________ flower.
Ans : beautiful
4. a_____________ friend.
Ans : good
5. a_____________ sun
Ans : bright
D) Match each sentence to the correct picture by writing the number in the box.
- A brown and white puppy is having fun.
- Wild animals are in the thick forest.
- A cute boy is painting with green colour.
- A naughty boy is riding horse with his sleepy dog
3. A cute boy is painting with green colour.
4. A naughty boy is riding horse with his sleepy dog
1. A brown and white puppy is having fun.
2. Wild animals are in the thick forest.
Let Us Listen
Listen to the audio and tick true or false.
1. It is a breakable pencil.
Ans : False
2. It has double spring mechanism.
Ans : True
3. It absorbs the pressure.
Ans : True
4. You can’t hold the pencil hard.
Ans : False
5. It gives confident and peace of mind.
Ans : True
Let Us Speak
Borrowing a book from public Library.
Librarian : How can I help you?
Myself : I couldn’t find the book I was looking for.
Librarian : Did you search the correct shelf?
Myself : Yes. It should have been there, but it isn’t.
Librarian : Someone may have taken it.
Myself : Will you be getting another copy anytime soon?
Librarian : I’m sure we will.
Myself : Would you be able to reserve it for me?
Librarian : I will reserve it.
Myself : Thank you very much.