Lesson.2 Creativity Around Me
Lesson.2.3> Creativity Around Me – The Wooden Toy
A. Choose the best answer.
1. Mugund made_____________using the dry woods.
Ans : dolls
2. In memory of his mother, he carved _____________ statue.
Ans : wooden
3. _____________is a great risk to the environment.
- cotton cloth
Ans : plastic
4. Mugund learnt the art from his_____________.
- grand father
Ans : grand father
5. _____________was helpful for his father to drive out the wild animals.
- wooden tiger
- wooden doll
- clay doll
Ans : drum
B. Write True or false.
1. Mugund loved wild animals.
Ans : False
2. Mugund did not cut the raw wood.
Ans : True
3. He started selling wooden toys at a high price.
Ans : False
C. Answer the following questions.
1. How did Mugund’s mother die?
Mugund’s mother died because she was attacked wild animals.
2. What did his mother say in his dream?
His mother said to him that he should do his part in eradicating the use of plastics through his art.
3. What incident made Mugund make a wooden drum?
Mukund made a wooden drum because his father was unable to sleep as he lost his animals and it kept increasing. so Mohan made a wooden drum to help his father.
4. Why was his father unable to sleep?
His father was unable to sleep because the losses of the animals kept increasing.
5. Which problem do you think you can solve with art? How?
I can solve the usage of plastics with art. I will create awareness about the bad effects of plastics through my drawing.
1. What was Mukund’s father?
Mugund’s father was farmer.
2. Who taught Mukund handicrafts?
He learnt the art from his grandfather.
3. What did his father own?
His father owned nothing but a flock of sheep and a piece of land.
4. Why did Mugund go into the forest?
Mugund went into the forest to find a hollow log of cedar.
Let Us Read Aloud
A. Read the passage 3 times and colour the trees for each time.
Trees help us in many ways. The colour green is calming and heals your worries. By planting and caring for trees, we help improve our surroundings, as they give fresh air. When air is dirty the people of Delhi suffered a lot. But people of Madhubani district in Bihar have shown how art can be used to make our air clean. So that people made paintings on trees to stop people from cutting the trees.
1. Bihar people saved trees by Kalamkari Madhubani painting.
2. What is the main idea of the story?
The main idea of the story is to protect environment.
Let Us Write
Let us learn to write a paragraph.
Do you want to try to write your own paragraph now?
Write a paragraph on Cow.
|1. The cow is a domestic animal
2. It is soft in nature
3. It gives us milk.
4. It has four legs, one tail and two ears.
5. It likes to eat green and fresh grass
Write a paragraph on Monkey.
|1. Monkeys have good skill in climbing trees
2. They are naughty.
3. They eat nuts, berries and fruits.
4. They love to imitate human beings.
5. Their life span is about 16 – 35 years.
Write a paragraph on Palm tree.
|1. Palm trees grow in hot climates.
2. It has straight tall trunk
3. Its leaves are used in roofing
4. Pathanir from palm tree is nutritious.
5. It also gives us Nungu.
I Can Do
1. Choose the correct option.
1. We ________ yarn to make sarees.
Ans : weave
2. The plants ________ because of the wind.
Ans : grow
2. Match the words with similar meaning.
|Ans : 1 – b. 2 – a, 3 – d, 4 – c|
3. Write the words with same meaning.
4. Recite the poem The Painter with correct intonation.
5. Match the rhyming words.
|Ans : 1 – c. 2 – a, 3 – b|
6. Describe the picture with adjectives.
(red, sweet, round)
|The apple is _________.
Ans : red
|The apple tastes _________.
Ans : sweet
|It is _________ in shape.
Ans : round