Lesson.3 Secret of Success
Lesson.3.1> Secret of Success – The Struggling Star
My Little Pictionary
|Award (V) : a prize given to recogniz|
|Technologist (n) : an expert in any technology|
|Shock (v) : cause someone to feel surprised and upset.|
|magic (n) : tricks, such as making things disappear and reappear, performed as entertainment.|
|rub (v) : move one object against another.|
- recognize – to know/ accept someone or something.
- empowered – to give the authority or power
- campaigns – activities for some specific purpose
- potential – talent/ ability
- sustain – keep going
- inspiring – to influence/ attract
- disability – affected by something physically
- recognise – to accept something as good
- Getup – to awake
Let Us Understand
A. Choose the best answer.
1. Kartik is __________.
Ans : blind
2. The Delhi government did not allow blind children to study science after __________.
- 8th standard
- 10th standard
- 12th standard
Ans : 10th standard
3. Finally, __________, he got permission to study Science.
- after 11 months
- after 7 months
- after 9 months
Ans : after 9 months
4. He got an admission to study at Stanford University __________.
- in the USA
- in the UK
- in Russia
Ans : in the USA
B. Answer the following.
1. What subject did he like the most?
He most liked science subject.
2. How many marks did he score in his 12th board exam?
He scored 95% in his 12th board exam.
3. What was his dream?
His dream was to make all the 130 crore people reach their full potential.
4. Is there something that you will struggle for? why?
Yes, I will also struggle to come up in my life because I am also from a middle class family.
5. What was Farhan’s father advice to his son?
Farhan’s father said that if we worked hard, there would always be support for us. Sometimes the support would come from outside but many times it would come from within us.
Let Us Build
A. Match the masculine noun with the feminine noun.
|1. Son||a. princess|
|2. Tiger||b. heroine|
|3. King||c. daughter|
|4. Prince||d. queen|
|5. Hero||e. tigress|
|Ans : 1 – c, 2 – e, 3 – d, 4 – a. 5 – b|
B. Change the masculine noun to feminine noun in the given sentences.
1. My uncle presented me a watch. ___________
Ans : Aunty
2. A young man was driving the car. _________
Ans : Young woman
3. May I come in sir? _________
Ans : madam
4. The waiter took the order. ____________
Ans : waitress
5. The rooster scratched the earth for worms. __________
Ans : hen
C. Complete each sentence by using the following words.
1. Farmer John has four cows and two _________.
Ans : bull
2. The bridegroom and the _________entered the hall.
Ans : bride
3. The_________and queen attended the court.
Ans : King
4. Charles greeted his_________ and aunt.
Ans : uncle
5. I played with my nephew and_________.
Ans : niece