Lesson.2.3> Sports – Practice Makes a Man Perfect
A. Choose the correct answer.
1. Uthama is skilled in _____.
Ans : archery
2. The old man was carrying _____.
- gourds of oil
- gourds of milk
- gourds of water
Ans : gourds of oil
3. The old man is _____.
- a vegetable vender
- an oil seller
- a merchant
Ans : an oil seller
4. The old man put _____ on the mouth of the gourd.
- a piece of paper
- a small coin
- a small stick
Ans : a small coin
B. Answer the following.
1. What did the archer want to show to the crowd?
The archer wanted to show off his skill to the crowd.
2. Why did Uthaman become angry with the old man?
Uthama became angry with the old man because he was quiet and neither clapped nor uttered words of praise.
3. What did the oil seller perform?
The oil seller performed the task of pouring oil into the gourd with a small coin placed on the top. The oil went inside through the hole without touching the coin.
4. What was the lesson learnt by Uthaman?
Uthama learnt that through practise anything can be achieved.
1. What is the reason for the success of old man?
The reason for success of old man is all about a matter of practice.
2. What is the decision taken by Uthama after meeting and learning from old man?
He decided that he would ever show off or boast about his skill as an archer.
C. Try your own.
D. Speak and win
Join in any group. Pick and support any one of the characters. Say some sentences for the one you support and say some sentences against the another one to win.
|I support the archer because he could perform many tricks in archery||I support the old man because he proved practise makes everyone perfect|
Let Us Read Aloud
Read the passage three times and colour a trophy for each time.
Tick the champion of the year
Write the events won by these players
|(Martin)||(Girls Relay Team)||(Rubesh)|
|100 meter winner||Relay Team Winner||Long Jump Winner|
Let Us Read Aloud
I Can Do
A. Answer the following.
|Name of the object||In your mother tongue||Use in a sentence|
|Cup||சுழற்கோப்பை||We won the cup in yesterday’s competition|
B. Write the words with same meaning for the following pictures
( fast afraid train )
|fear – afraid||practise – train||speed – fast|
C. Write the opposites for the following pictures
( fix young near )
|old × young||break × fix||far × near|
D. Recite the poem ‘The Swimmer’.
E. Match the correct rhyming words
|1. nature||a. herd|
|2. bird||b. race|
|3. face||c. creature|
|Ans : 1 – c, 2 – a, 3 – b|
F. Fill in the blanks with correct connecting words
( because so )
1. I worked hard ______ I got promotion.
Ans : so
2. I was late ______ there was a heavy traffic.
Ans : because
3. I missed the bus ______ I took a taxi.
Ans : so
Some Useful Pages