Lesson.1 Learn Always
Lesson.1.1> Learn Always – Five Detectives
My Little Pictionary
|waxwork (v) : a lifesize dummy made of wax.|
|magician (n) : a person who performs magic tricks.|
|disguise (v) : to make a person look different to hide their identity.|
|chit(n) : a short l note on a piece of paper.|
|statue(n) : a human made figure of a person or animal, that is life-size or larger.|
- admirable – praise worthy
- mystery – kept secret
- pestering – irritating
- overheard – to hear without the speaker’s knowledge
- solve – to find the answer
- sniffed – to smell by short inhalations
- furious – intensely angry
- disguise – to change your appearance
- observe – to see closely
- urge – request
Let Us Understand
A. Match the following.
|2. Velayudham||old man|
|Ans : 1 – c, 2 – a, 3 – b|
B. Choose the correct answer.
1. Pablo was the dog of ________.
Ans : Sreejith
2. The message was to gather on ________
Ans : Tuesday
3. ________ over heard her father’s talking on the phone.
Ans : Jessy
C. Answer the following.
1. What did the five friends call themselves?
The five friends called themselves ‘The Five Detectives’ or ‘5D’
2. Who disguised himself as old man?
Sreejit disguised himself as oldman.
3. Who is incharge of this case?
Inspector velayutham is incharge of this case.
4. What was the message on the chit?
The message in the chit was to tell number 3 at waxworks on Tuesday.
5. Who guessed the location of the real necklace?
Amudha guessed the place of the real necklace.
6. Will you solve a mystery with friends? Why?
Yes, I will solve a mystery with friends. It gives us adventurous feeling.
1. How were the last three vacations?
The last three vacations were very exciting for them as they were involved in solving three mysterious cases in their city.
2. What were they famous for?
They were famous in Ooty for their courage and skill.
3. What did they open to find a chit?
They opened the chocolate to find a small chit.
4. Why was Inspector angry?
The inspector was glad to have found the chit but was furious about their behavior. He warned them to stay away from the case.
Let Us Build
A. Fill in the blanks
|Students are going ______ school
Ans : to
|There are ______ choclates.
Ans : two
|The tree is ______ big.
Ans : too
A. Tick the correct word
|We like to play.||I ate too many chocolates.|
|I will be coming in two days.||They went to the park.|
C. Fill in the blanks with to, too and two.
Mom had promised to take Ben and Jill to the zoo. The two children were too excited, that they could hardly wait for Saturday to come. They wanted to take their baby sister with them, but mom said she was too young.
Some Useful Pages