Lesson.3 My Duties
Lesson.3.1> My Duties – Social Responsibility
My Little Pictionary
- responsible – in charge of
- proud – glad
- reduce – make something less
- vow – pledge, promise
- welfare – comfort and security
A. Answer the following questions
1. When does the world become green?
When the surrounding is clean, the world become clean.
2. Who is responsible for the society?
Everyone is responsible for the society.
3. When do you feel proud?
You feel proud when you understand your responsibility.
4. What should we vow for?
We should vow for social welfare.
5. Are you the first to protect the nature?
Yes, I am the first to protect the nature.
B. Pick out the rhyming words and write.
- green – clean
- human – can
- will – ill
- welfare – case
Let Us Know
Past perfect tense is used to show that something happened before another action in the past. It can also be used to show that something happened before a specific time in the past. We know the forms of the verbs, they are
The past participle form is used in past perfect tense with auxiliary had. Come let us use it.
|I had left the station.||He had left the station.|
|We had left the station.||She had left the station.|
|You had left the station.||It had left the station.|
|They had left the station.|
A. Fill in the blanks
1. I __________ him the book.
Ans : had given
2. We __________ to the park. (go)
Ans : had gone
3. You __________ to your uncle’s house. (be)
Ans : had been
4. He __________ before 5 ‘o’ clock. (sleep)
Ans : had slept
5. She ____________ the bill. (pay)
Ans : had paid
6. They ____________ him before the party. (meet)
Ans : had met
7. It ____________ before I touch it. (break)
Ans : had broken
Let us see when to use past perfect tense
Event happened before another in the past:
|Event A||Event B|
|John had gone out,||when I arrived in the office.|
|I had saved my document,||before the computer crashed.|
|We had already started cooking,||when they arrived.|
|He had been tired,||before I gave him work.|
B. Complete the following sentences using past perfect tense.
1. The bus _______________ the bus stop before I went. (leave)
Ans : had left
2. The exam _______________ when I reached the exam hall. (start)
Ans : had started
3. She _______________ the apple as I told her to stop. (eat)
Ans : had eaten
4. The satellite _______________ on the moon before they gave the command. (land)
Ans : had landed
5. Raju _______________ to the ground before others arrived. (arrive)
Ans : had arrived
Future perfect tense.
Future perfect tense is used for actions that will be completed before some other point in the future.
The past participle form is used in future perfect tense with auxiliary will have. Come let us use it.
|I will have written my homework.||He will have written his homework.|
|We will have written our homework.||She will have written her homework.|
|You will have written your homework.||It will have completed its work.|
|They will have written their homework.|
A. Fill in the blanks
1. I ______________ the place by 6 pm. (reach)
Ans : will have reached
2. We ______________ the painting by tomorrow. (complete)
Ans : will have completed
3. You ______________ the match by this time tomorrow. (win)
Ans : will have won
4. They ______________ everyone to the marriage by next week. (invite)
Ans : will have invited
5. He ______________ all the money with in an hour. (spend)
Ans : will have spent
6. She ______________ job in America by next year. (get)
Ans : will have got
7. It ______________ all the candies. (eat)
Ans : will have eaten
B. Mark () if it is past perfect tense or () future perfect tense
|1. I had gone to my grandma’s home.||True|
|2. The boy will have grown up like a man in few years.||False|
|3. She will have made the cake by 8 ‘o’ clock.||False|
|4. They had cooked the vegetables.||True|
|5. Muthu will have returned from Srilanka by next month||False|
C. Change the sentence into past perfect tense and future perfect tense.
1. I have posted the letter.
Past perfect : I had posted the letter.
Future perfect : I will have posted the letter.
2. She has bought a violin.
Past perfect : She had bought a violin.
Future perfect : She will have bought a violin.
3. Akash has jumped into the well.
Past perfect: Akash had jumped into the well.0
Future perfect: Akash will have jumped into the well.
4. We have built a house in our village.
Past perfect: We had built a house in our village.
Future perfect: We will have built a house in our village.
5. They have cooked their meal.
Past perfect: They had cooked their meal.
Future perfect : They will have cooked their meal.
D. Fill the sentences with the appropriate verb.
( had ) ( will have )
1. Maha ______________ asked a question to his father.
Ans : will have
2. She ______________ attended the meeting by tomorrow.
Ans : will have
3. The fly ______________ sat in the food before she covered it.
Ans : had
4. Niru ______________ joined her family in 2 years.
Ans : will have
5. The book ______________ won him the award.
Ans : had
Let Us Listen
Listen to to the audio and tick () if the statements are true.
|1. Chennai is the fourth largest city in India to receive more rain.||True|
|2. The airport is not closed.||False|
|3. People were not able to get their food.||True|
|4. The power supply in many areas is normal.||False|
|5. It rained because of a depression in Bay of Bengal.||True|
Let Us Speak
Today, we will learn to tell a story.
Step 1: Choose the story you want to tell.
Step 2: Tell the place where the story is happening.
Step 3: Tell who the characters are.
Step 4: Tell three events that lead to the end of the story.
Step 5: End the story.
The Ant and the Grasshopper
In a deep forest near the mountains, lived an ant and a grasshopper. The ant worked hard in the summer and saved food for the winter. The grasshopper played in the Sun without collecting food. The grasshopper always called the ant to play, but the ant wanted to save food for winter. It was now winter, the ant had food to eat but the grasshopper did not. We should work hard and save.
Is that easy? Why don’t you try?
Try to tell your friend a story on your own.
Some Useful Pages