Lesson 3.1 The Jungle Book
Lesson 3.1 > The Jungle Book
I. Read the situation given. Write the response of the subject in a sentence. Tick the correct box to identify the kind of sentences.
D- Declarative; In- Interrogative; E- Exclamatory; Im- Imperative
|1. (Vendor) while weighing the fruits
Ans : How many kilos do you want?
|2. (Children) while eating ice-cream
Ans : We like to eat Vanilla ice-cream
|3. (Teacher) while noticing students talking in the classroom.
Ans : Don’t make a noise
|4. (Waiter) while attending a new customer
Ans : Good moring! what do you like to have sir?
|5. (Student) while introducing oneself
Ans : Iam Rahul from NKS School, Avadi
|6. (Tourist) while visiting the Taj Mahal
Ans : Wow! How wonderful it is!
|7. (TTR) while checking the tickets of passengers
Ans : Show me your Ticket
|8. (Critic) while writing a review of a book
Ans : It’s quite interesting.
|9. (Receptionist) while attending to a guest in the hotel
Ans : What else do your need, Sir?
II. Look at the pictures given below. Arrange the jumbled words into a sentence. Write the sequence of the sentences according to the pictures I the blanks given. Pick the adjectives from the sentences and write them below the picture
|Close||Colorful, Attractive||Round, Big|
1. order/a yummy, round and big cake/her parent
Ans : Her parents order a yummy, round and big cake.
2. her/a wonderful doll/present/Madhu’s friends/with
Ans : Madhu’s friends present her with a wonderful doll.
3. which falls on Sunday/for her birthday celebration/ Madhu/her close friends/invites
Ans : Madhu invites her close friends for her birthday which falls on Sunday.
4. welcome/she and her parents/with a broad smile/their/ guests
Ans : She and her parents welcome their guests with a broad smile.
5. enjoyed the day/felt/happy and/Madhu and her parents
Ans : Madhu and her parents felt happy and enjoyed the day.
6. the house with colourful balloons/her parents/to decorate/and attractive cartoon
Ans : Her parents decorate the house with colorful balloons and attractive cartoon.
7. pink/Madhu/frock/wears/on her/birthday/a long.
Ans : Madhu wears a long pink frock n her birthday.
Arranging the sentences in a sequences.
- Madhu invites her close friends for her birthday which falls on Sunday.
- Her parents order a yummy, round and big cake.
- Madhu wears a long pink frock n her birthday.
- Her parents decorate the house with colorful balloons and attractive cartoon.
- She and her parents welcome their guests with a broad smile.
- Madhu’s friends present her with a wonderful doll.
- Madhu and her parents felt happy and enjoyed the day.
III. Read the sentences, insert appropriate articles in the blanks and find the noun phrases.
1. Sujatha is reading an interesting story in the library.
noun phrases : interesting story
2. Vishal drew a wonderful picture on the board yesterday.
noun phrases : wonderful picture
3. Srinath and Sandhya were bored at an awful concert.
noun phrases : awful concert
4. Purvaja ate a salad of raw vegetables for dinner.
noun phrases : raw vegetables
5. Suresh was astonished to see the huge statue.
noun phrases : huge statue
6. The child was playing with a yellow balloon.
noun phrases : yellow balloon
IV. Complete the dialogue by using suitable adjectives in the blanks.
Sinduja : Hi! Venkat. Hope you received the message about our school’s sports day.
Venkat : Hmmm…! Yes… I was the first one to enrol my name in the events.
Sinduja : So, tell me for how many events have you enrolled?
Venkat : I have enrolled myself only in few events.
Sinduja : What are they?
Venkat : As I am tall, I have given my name for long jump and running events.
Sinduja : That’s excellent to hear.
Venkat : What about you, Sinduja?
Sinduja : I have decided to participate in all the events.
Venkat : Hey!! That’s good. Expecting the best from you.
Sinduja : Thank you so much Venkat. Wish you the same. Let’s rock
சில பயனுள்ள பக்கங்கள்