I. Choose the correct answer
1. Which one of the following does not come under Equality?
- Non discrimination on the basis of birth, caste, religion, race, colour, gender
- Right to contest in the election
- All are treated equal in the eyes of law
- Showing inequality between rich and poor
Ans : Showing inequality between rich and poor
2. Which one of the following is comes under political Equality?
- Right to petition the government and criticize public policy
- Removal of inequality bases on race, colour, sex, and caste
- All are equal before law
- Prevention of concentration of wealth in the hands of law
Ans : Right to petition the government and criticize public policy
3. In India right to vote is given to all the citizen at the age of _________.
Ans : 18
4. Inequality created by man on the basis of caste, money, religion etc is called as _________.
- Natural Inequality
- Manmade Inequality
- Economic Inequality
- Gender Inequality
Ans : Manmade Inequality
5. In switzerland, the write to vote is given to women in the year _________.
Ans : 1971
II. Fill in the Blanks.
1. Civil equality implies equality of all before law _________.
Ans : Law
2. The Indian constitution deals about the Right to equality from Article _________ to _________.
Ans: 14 to 18
3. Right to contest in the election is a _________ Right.
Ans : Political
4. Equality means, absent of _________ privileges.
Ans : Social
III. Give short answer.
1. What is Equality?
It means first of all absence of social privilege, on the second it means that adequate opportunities are laid up on to all.
2. Why is gender Equality needed?
- Woman were not given equal right to and they were considered as weal as compared to man and they were placed in a secondary position to men.
- They should be treated equally for the uplift of women 50% reservation has been given for women i8n local bodies.
3. What is civil Equality?
Civil equality is enjoyment of civil right by citizen.
IV. Answer in detail.
1 Write about the importance of Equality.
- Equality is a powerful moral and political ideal that all human society for many centuries.
- The concept of equality invokes the idea that all human being have equal worth regardless of there caste, colours, gender race or nationality.
- The democratic ideals such as liberty, equality etc are meaningful and effective only when they are implemented with justice.
2. What is political Equality?
India have guaranteed the political rights to all citizens that,
- Right to vote.
- Right to hold public office.
- Right to criticize the government.
- Citizens should have equal opportunity to actively participate in the political life.
- There rights can be enjoyed through the universal Adult franchise.
- India is the first country to give right to vote to women from the very first general election held in the year 1952.
- Any person who has completed the age of 25 years can contest in the election.
3. How does the Constitution of India protect the Right to Equality?
- As per Article no 14 of our constitution, it guarantees that all people shall be equally protected by the laws of the country.
- Right to equality not only applies to the citizens of India but also to all the people within the territory of India.
- Articles 14 – guarantees to all the people equality before the law.
- Articles 15 – deals with the prohibition of discrimination.
- Articles 16 – provides equality of opportunity in matters relating to employment.
- Articles 17 – abolishes the practice of untouchability.
- Articles 18 – abolishes the title conferred to citizen.
- Equality before law and equal protection of law have been for there strengthened in the Indian constitution under Article21.
How can we eliminate inequality at school level?
- We have to ensure all the children come in uniform.
- We have to maintain same treatment for all kid irrespective of economic back ground
- Other them official purposes student caste details should not be revealed to teachers so that there is no partial treatment for any students
சில பயனுள்ள பக்கங்கள்