Lesson 2.3 Man Overboard
Lesson 2.3 > Man Overboard
ROAD AND UNDERSTAND
A. Complete the following statements.
1. Everyone in the ship started to pray because _____________________
Ans ; of the threatening message about the brewing storm in the Indian Ocean.
2. Vasantha’s imagination run wild because _____________________
Ans ; she recalled the incident that her class teacher told.
3. Vasantha made a lot of noise because a _____________________
Ans ; man tumbled into the wild waves of the sea.
4. Vasantha could not see the rescue operation because _____________________
Ans ; it was far away from her.
5. The captain presented a gift to Vasantha because _____________________
Ans ; of her intention to act quickly in alerting the crew.
B. Identify the speaker / character.
1. Don’t worry, Madam, it’s only a warning.
A gentleman to an old lady
2. A man fell into the sea. Please save him.
Vasantha – the little girl
3. Stop ship. Drop anchor. Quick!
4. He’ll have to be given artificial respiration and kept warm
5. Wake up, child
C. Book Talk!
Read the story once again and fill in the boxes.
STEP TO SUCCESS
In each question below, there is a sentence in which some parts have been jumbled up. Rearrange these parts which are labelled P, Q, R and S to produce the correct sentence. Choose the proper sequence.
1. When he
|P : did not know||Q : he was nervous and|
|R : heard the hue and cry at midnight||S : what to do|
Ans ; RQPS
2. They felt safer
|P : to watch the mountain||Q : of more than five miles|
|R : as they settled down||S : from a distance|
Ans ; RQPS
3. If you need help
|P : promptly and politely||Q : ask for attendants|
|R : to help our customers||S : who have instructions|
Ans ; QSRP
4. He knew that
|P : and then to save himself||Q : was to save all the lives|
|R : entrusted to his care||S : the duty of a captain|
a. PQRS b. SQRP c. SPRQ d. QSRP
Ans ; SQRP
5. With her body
|P : dragging her unwilling feet||Q : weak and infirm|
|R : doubled with age||S : she persisted in her mission|
Ans ; PQRS
சில பயனுள்ள பக்கங்கள்