Lesson 2.2 My Computer Needs A Break
Lesson 2.2 > My Computer Needs A Break
In pairs, tell each other how computer plays a vital role in all fields
- Computer helps students to learn new things.
- It is a boon to modern society.
- It is widely used in all fields such as Economics, Science, Medical, Law, Engineering, Designing, Graphics and Film making etc.
- Computer literacy is vital to success in today’s world.
- Computers have helped in the design of safety equipment in sports.
- brainy (adj) – very intelligent
- absent-minded (adj) – being forgetful
- vanish (v) – disappear
- dreadful (adj) – unpleasant
- gobbled (v) – ate hastily or greedily
- erratically (adv) – unsteadily or unpredictably
- squirm (v) – to twist the body in discomfort
B) Fill in the blanks.
1) Computers are ______ and _______.
Ans ; brainy, smart
2) We get answers for questions by a ______.
Ans ; click
3) The computer forgot to ______ the poet’s work.
Ans ; save
4) The computer actually gobbled a _______.
Ans ; worm
5) The poet feels that his computer needs _______.
Ans ; a holiday
C) Pick out the rhyming words from the poem.
- Smart – heart
- click – quick
- right – sight
- sick – quick
D) Match the poetic lines with Figures of speech
|1) So brainy||A) personification|
|2) Mountains||B) personification|
|3) It’s so absent minded||C) hyperbole|
|4) Computer gobbled a worm –||D) metaphor|
|5) Very sick||E) metaphor|
|Ans ; 1 – D, 2 – C, 3 – A, 4 – B, 5 – E|
E) Find the alliterating words from the poem
- Save – store
- Doctor – double
- Virus – very
- makes – most
சில பயனுள்ள பக்கங்கள்