Lesson 3.2 Fire Work Night
Lesson 3.2 > Fire Work Night
- Bang – a sudden loud, sharp noise
- Yelp – a short, sharp cry,especially of pain or alaram
- Trembling – to shake slightly/ short movements, as from fear
- Rushing – moving with urgent haste / fast
- Couch – a type of high bed/ sofa
- Crouch – adopt a position where the knees are bent and upper body is brought forward and down
- Kennel – a small shelter for a dog
- Fright – a sudden intense feeling of fear
A. Answer the following questions.
1. Why was the dog frightened?
As the guns shot in the dark, the dog was frightened.
2. Whom did the dog ask for help?
The dog asked its Mistress and Master for help.
3. What did the dog do when the door was opened?
When the door was opened, the dog moved with haste into the room.
4. Where did the dog hide himself?
The dog hid himself behind the couch (or) bed.
5. Where will the dog go when the firework stops?
When the fire work stops, the dog go to its kennel (shelter).
B. Literary appreciation
a) Mistress, Master, hear me yelp,
I’m out-of-doors, I want your help.
Let me in-oh, LET ME IN
Before those fireworks begin
Write the rhyme scheme of the above poetic lines. a a b b
b) To shoot again I can’t bear that;
My tail is down, my ears are flat,
I’m trembling here outside the door,
Oh, don’t you love me anymore?
Write the rhyming words from the above poetic lines. that – flat; door – anymore
Match the rhyming words from the poem.
- Hark – do
- Too – fright
- Yelp – dark
- Grand – crouch
- Couch – help
- Night – hand
Ans ; 1 – C, 2 – A, 3 – E, 4 – F, 5 – D, 6 – B
Figure of speech
1. What is being personified in the sentence- ‘The full moon peeped through partial clouds’?
The full moon is being personified in the sentence
2. Which of the following is an example of personification?
- The chocolates smelled like delicious cake.
- The chocolates smell delicious.
- The delicious smell of chocolates invited me to eat them.
- I dreamt of delicious chocolates.
Ans ; The delicious smell of chocolates invited me to eat them.
3. Personification is_____.
- giving human attributes to human beings.
- comparing unrelated things.
- giving human attributes to non-human objects.
- talking the negative aspects of a person.
Ans ; giving human attributes to non-human objects.
சில பயனுள்ள பக்கங்கள்