Lesson 1.2 Making Life Worth While
Lesson 1.2 > Making Life Worth While
- grace – elegance, charm.
- aspiration – a hope or ambition of achieving something, desire, wish.
- courage – bravery, valour
- gleam – shine brightly.
- glimpse – glance, quick look.
- worthwhile – valuable, purposeful.
- heritage – inheritance
Read and Understand
1. Comprehension questions.
1. What should we learn from every soul?
From every soul we should learn some good qualities.
2. What qualities will help us to brave the thickening ills of life?
Courage and faith will help us to brave the thickening ills of life.
3. Why should we make this life worthwhile?
We should make this life worthwhile to enjoy the bliss of life.
4. What does the poet assure if we make our life worthwhile?
The poet assures heaven if we make our life worthwhile.
5. Pick out any two lines of repetition from the poem.
One gleam of faith
One glimpse of brighter skies
2. Fill in the blanks.
1. We should have a ___________________ in life.
Ans ; gleam of faith
2. ____________________ is needed for the darkening sky.
Ans ; A bit of courage
3. One must have a ________________ of brighter skies to make the life worthwhile.
Ans ; glimpse
3. Figure of speech:
• Repetition is a literary device that repeats the same words of phrases a few times
to make an idea clearer and more memorable.
• It is used to emphasize a feeling or idea, create rhythm, and bring attention to an
“The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.”
சில பயனுள்ள பக்கங்கள்