Lesson.2 Creativity Around Me
Lesson.2.1> Creativity Around Me – Bala Spins Magic
Let Us Learn
|handloom (n)||a manually operated loom.|
|skeins (n)||a lengthy thread, loosely coiled and knotted.|
|yarn (n)||spun thread used for weaving or sewing.|
|canvas (n)||a cloth used for painting.|
|carved (v)||cut in order to make an object or design.|
- weave – form by interlacing long threads.
- substract – take away from another to calculate difference.
- warp – twist out of shape.
- uncomfortable – causing physical pain.
- drape – arrange loosely
- Wonder – To Feel awesome
- Traders – Business People
- Unpack – Open
Let Us Understand
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Appa weaves beautiful sarees with________.
Ans : checks or patterns
2. ________had made Math easy for Bala.
Ans : Veera thatha
3. Nithin had many ________toys.
Ans : Veera thatha
4. Bala’s home doesn’t have ________.
Ans : electricity
5. Nithin’s mom said that Bala’s father is a ________ magician.
Ans : weaving
B. Answer the questions.
1. What did Bala want to learn?
Bala wanted to learn weaving one day.
2. How did Bala help Amma and sisters?
Bala helped Amma and sisters by rolling, pressing and packing the sarees.
3. Why did Bala go to Chennai with his father?
Bala went to Chennai with his father to help him carry the sarees
4. What did Bala teach Nithin?
Bala taught Nithin to spin rattai
5. What would you like to learn in school? why?
I would like to learn sewing in my school. It helps me to stitch my clothes.
1. What is the family profession of Bala?
Their family profession is weaving.
2. How long did they wait for the bus?
They had to wait for nearly one hour for the bus.
3. What Bala could not read?
Bala could not read the big instructions in the sign board.
4. Why Bala could not play with Nithin’s toy?
Since Bala’s home does not have electricity, he could not play with most of the toys.
Let Us Build
Some words are used to indicate same thing.
Let us learn more words with similar meanings.
|dust bin||trash can|
A. Let us learn a few more words by joining the dots. Join the dots and fill the table below.
B. Write the words with same meaning.
|eraser – rubber||post – Mail||dustbin – Waste bin||purse – Wallet|
|tap – plugs||pants – trousers||chips – fries||queue – line|