Lesson.2 My Native Place
Lesson.2.1> My Native Place – Trip to My Grand Parents Village
My Little Pictionary
|bullock cart (n) : a vehicle with two or four wheels driven by bulls.|
|plough (v) : turn up earth with a plough.|
|Scarecrow (n) : a figure made to look like a person
and put in a field to frighten birds away
|Grains (n) : wheat or other cultivated cereal used as food.|
|Armour (n) : The metal cover worn to protect the body in battle.|
- eager – keen
- vacation – holiday
- numerous – great in number
- pebble – a kind of stone
- expert – well skilled
- excited – happy
- pleasant – Nice
- abundant – plenty
- thresh – Move violently to separate grain
Let Us Understand
A. Match the following.
|1. cuckoo||a. blows|
|2. breeze||b. sings|
|3. river||c. swims|
|4. fish||d. flows|
|Ans : 1 – b, 2 – a, 3 – d, 4 – c|
B. Answer the following questions.
1. How did Santhosh record his diary?
Santhosh recorded his diary using mother’s phone.
2. Name some of the activities that the village children were doing on their vacation day?
Milking cows, Breaking open groundnut pods and piling them are some of the vacation day.
3. Why did Santhosh forget to watch television or play video games?
Santhosh’s trip was so enjoyable to him. So he forgot to watch television or play video games.
4. Did Santhosh enjoy his morning walk? How do you know?
Yes, Santhosh enjoyed his morning walk. He enjoyed the cool breeze and he felt that the air was also filled with the sweet sound of birds.
5. How did Santhosh spend his time when he went to the river?
As he could not swim, Santhosh sat on a big smooth rock. He watched his friends swam like experts. He saw the pebbles in the riverbed and colourful fish swimby.
6. How does Santhosh know that the river is clean?
The river is so clean as Santhosh could see the pebbles in the riverbed and colourful fish swimby
1. How did Santhosh travel?
Santhosh travelled by bus.
2. Which bird’s song is so enchanting to Santhosh?
The Cuckoo’s song is so enchanting to Santhosh.
3. Who took Santhosh to the village pond?
Paavai took Santhosh to the village pond.
Let Us Build
You already know singular and plural. Try this.
|I am a lion.||We are Lions.|
1. Change -f and –fe, into -ves.
2. By changing their vowels, such as oo to ee or an to en.
3. Irregular plurals
4. Some nouns are identical in both the singular and the plural forms.
5. Add es for some words ending with o.
A. Look at the picture and tick the correct plural word.
|Ans : Loaves||Ans : Fish|
|Ans : Geese||Ans : Mice|
|Ans : Children||Ans : Men|
B. Write the plural form.
|Ans : Leaves|
|Ans : Mangoes|
Some Useful Pages