Lesson.3 My Duties
Lesson.3.3> My Duties – The Case of The Missing Water
My Little Pictionary
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. The tank in Divya’s village was almost ________.
- half full
Ans : dry
2. Divya loved solving ________ .
Ans : mysteries
3. Divya and Rani decided to draw a ________.
Ans : map
4. Elephants were visiting ________ field.
- sugar cane
Ans : sugar cane
5. Rani thought of herself as a ________ engineer.
Ans : sanitary
B. Answer the following questions
1. Why did Manju’s parents leave the village?
Manju’s parents left the village because there was no water.
2. What kind of water did Divya use to brush her teeth?
Divya used to brush her teeth with muddy tank water.
3. What did Rani want to become?
Rani wanted to become a sanitary engineer in future.
4. Where did the tanker man take the water from village?
The tanker man took the water from village that was below the pond.
5. Do you think it is okay for tanker to take water? Why?
No, It is not right for tanker to take water, because the water resource may get affected easily and quickly.
1. For what Ammachi began to pray?
Ammachi began to pray for rain.
2. How was the tank?
It was cracked and dusty.
3. In which period Divya ran out of school?
In the middle of Environmental Studies class, She turned and ran out of school.
C. Try your own
D. Speak and win.
Join in any group. Support or oppose using 4 to 5 sentences to win.
|I support Divya because she cares for environment she tried to stop water theft and succeeded in that||I oppose the tanker man. He stole water and sold it to others. He should be punished.|
Let Us Read Aloud
Read the passage three times and colour a dustbin for each time.
I am Mani. I have to take a bus to nearby city. I crossed the road to reach the bus stand. I got the bus and sat down and took out a book to read. Before I started to read, I just looked at the people around me. The two men sitting next to me were talking loudly. Some were listening music on their phone. I was unable to focus on reading. The men were talking about cleaning the city. As they were talking, they opened a pack of biscuits to eat. After some time I dozed off. When I opened my eyes, the bus had reached the city. The two men were not there but pieces of the biscuits and wrappers were there. I cleaned the wrappers and put them in the dustbin.
1. What did Mani take out?
Mani took out a book to read.
2. What did Mani find on the seat when he woke up?
When he opened his eyes, the bus had the reached the city.
3. If you were Mani, what would you do?
I would ask fellow passengers not to litter
I Can Do
A. Answer the following
|Name of the object||In your mother tongue||Use in a sentence|
|Truck||லாரி||Trucks are used to carry heavy loads.|
B. Write the animals and their young ones
|elephant – calf||tiger – cub||crane – chick|
C. Match the rhyming word.
|1. green||a. can|
|2. society||b. care|
|3. man||c. clean|
|4. welfare||d. inability|
|Ans : 1 – c, 2 – d, 3 – a, 4 – b|
D. Recite the poem with correct intonation.
E. Choose the correct one show post perfect tense.
1. We ________ (see) the movie last week.
- have seen
- had seen
Ans : had seen
2. I ________ (meet) him before.
- had met
- have met
Ans : had met
F. Choose the correct one to show future perfect tense.
1. I ________ (finish) this book.
- had finished
- have finished
- will have finished
Ans : will have finished
2. By this time tomorrow, we ________ (arrive) in Chennai.
- will have arrived
- have arrived
- would have arrived
Ans : will have arrived
Some Useful Pages