Lesson.1 A World with Robots
Lesson 1.1 > A World with Robots – The Trick Robot
My Little Pictionary
|lazy(adj)||not ready to do any work|
|sack(n)||a large bag used for storing and carrying goods.|
|rack(n)||a stand to keep things|
|Humanoid(n)||something that looks like a human|
|expo(n)||a large international exhibition|
- plead – request
- refuse – disagree or reject
- pleasant – happy
- active – energetic
- intelligent – clever
- excited – happy
- believe – trust
- draining – become empty
Let Us Understand
A. Choose the correct option.
1. Vicky wanted a _______ to do all his work.
2. Vicky’s father bought a _______ robot.
3. Vicky decided to _______ the robot at the end.
4. Robot asked Vicky to sell him to an _______ master.
B. Read the statement and write True or False.
1. Vicky pleaded with his father to buy a robot –
2. Vicky was an active boy always
3. The robot did not obey his master
4. Vicky’s father decided to change his son’s character
C. Answer the questions.
1. What kind of a boy was Vicky?
Vicky was a lazy boy and never did his homework on time
2. Who asked the Robot to attend the phone call?
Vicky asked the Robot to attend the phone call.
3. Whom did Vicky want to do all his work?
Vicky wanted Robot to do all his work
4. How did Vicky change at the end?
Vicky decided to do all the work himself
5. What did you learn from this lesson?
We should be active and not lazy.
Answer the questions.
1. Did the robot know to make a salad?
No, the robot did not know to make a salad.
2. What kind of master did the robot want this time?
The robot wanted an active master this time.
D. Match the dialogue to the character
|1. “I will do all the work myself.”|
|2. “First, you charge my battery.”|
|3. “I have bought you a robot.”|
|Ans : 1 – B, 2 – C, 3 – A|
E. Name the character or speaker.
1. “The robot will do all your work.”
Ans: Vicky’s father
2. “Why don’t you do that yourself?”
3. “You want me to strain my back?”
4. “Play me a pleasant song.”
Let Us Build
Some tips to change singular to plural
Simply add s
- Cup – Cups
- Ball – Balls
Add es for the naming words ending with ch, sh, s, ss and x
- Torch – Torches
- Brush – Brushes
- Bus – Buses
- Glass – Glasses
- Box – Boxes
Simply add s, if any one of a, e, i, o, u comes before y
- Key – Keys
- Toy – Toys
Change the y into ies, if any one of a, e, i, o, u does not come before y
- Lady – Ladies
- Baby – Babies
Tick the correct plural form.
Fly – Fly
|Bench – Benches|
|Dog – Dogs||Bush – Bushes|
|Boy – Boys||Fox – Fox|
Write the plural form
|Cat – Cats||Watch – Watches|
|Dish – Dishes||Cheery – Cherries|
Write the plural form.
- mobile – mobiles
- day – days
- church – churches
- army – armies
- glass – glasses
- house – houses
- baby – babies
- spy – spies
Some Useful Pages