Lesson.3 Time for a Journey
Lesson.3.1> Time for a Journey – Robinson Crusoe
My Little Pictionary
|Tent (n)||a portable shelter made of canvas attached to the ground poles|
|Footprint (n)||the impression of the foot in a soft substance such as sand or snow|
|Tribe (n)||a small community of people with common habits and culture|
|Boat (n)||a small vessel used to travel in water|
|Waterfall (n)||water from river or stream, droping from a higher point to a lower point|
- adventure – risky or unexpected undertaking
- explore – travel through an unknown area to learn more about it
- tent – portable canvas shelter
- tribal – racial, ethnical
- cannibals – humans who eat other humans
- Spaniards – somebody born or residing in spain
- rebels – people who protest authority
- brave courageous
- sink – capsize
- woke up – get up
- alone – without anyone
- frightened – afraid
- hid – conceal
- retook – take back
Let Us Understand
A. Match the words with the pictures.
B. Answer using Yes or No and pick sentences from the story to support your answer.
1. Was Robinson interested in sea adventures?
Yes, Robison was interested in sea adventures.
2. Did Robinson’s ship sink?
Yes, Robinson’s ship sank.
3. Was Robinson alone in the island?
No, Robinson was not alone. He had dog with him.
4. Did Robinson kill Friday?
No, Robinson did not kill friday.
5. Do cannibals eat people?
Yes, Cannibals eat people.
C. Arrange the actions of Robinson by numbering from 1 to 10.
- Sails in sea
- Searches the island
- Survives in the ship wreck
- Finds the ship wreck
- Builds a tent gets food, clothing and tools
- Sees a footprint
- Saves Friday
- Teaches him English
- Saves a captain
- Leaves the island
D. Short answers.
1. Who is the hero of this story?
Robinson is the hero of the story.
2. What was the age of Robinson Crusoe when he left for sea?
Robinson was nineteen years old when he left for sea.
3. Why did he grow crops?
He grew crops for his food.
4. What made him frightened?
When he saw a human foot print on the other side of island, he was frightened.
5. Why did Robinson name the tribe Friday?
Robinson named him Friday as he met him on Friday.
1. What did Robinson love?
Robinson loved adventures.
2. How did Robinson manage to reach the island?
He managed to reach the island by swimming.
3. How did he count his days?
He counted his days on a wooden cross.
4. How long did he live in fear?
He lived in fear for two years.
5. Who informed Robinson about a ship?
Friday informed Robinson about a ship.
Let Us Understand
Circle the vowel letters.
Letter u sounds like consonant as in university.
Circle the consonant letters.
- A syllable is marked by the symbol (/)
- We divide the words to pronounce them easier.
Here are some tips to divide.
A. Divide the words that have same pattern as the rabbit.
B. Write the word under the correct group and divide it
Some Useful Pages