Lesson.3 My Duties
Lesson.3.1> My Duties – The Monster Tree
My Little Pictionary
|monster (n) : a large, ugly, and scary imaginary creature.|
|shadow (n) : a dark area or shape produced by a body coming between light and a ground|
|earrings (n) : a piece of jewellery worn on the ear|
|stream (n) : a small, narrow river.|
|sword (n) : a weapon with a long metal blade|
- whistling – high pitched sound by using breath
- massive – large
- ignore – refuse to take notice of
- nightmare – scary dream
- dodged – avoided to escape
- oath – promise , pledge
A. Fill in the blanks
1. Jana and her family moved to the village _______ ago.
Ans : a month
2. Jana saw a _______ behind her.
Ans : branch
3. The squirrel ran to the _________ tree.
Ans : monster
4. The monster tree was protecting the _________.
Ans : squirrels
5. The villagers took oath to not harm the _________.
Ans : not to harm nature
B. Answer the questions.
1. Why did Jana have a nightmare?
Jana had a nightmare because only a month ago they had come to the village and her friend has also told her about a monster tree in the village
2. Why did Jana chase the squirrel?
Jana chased the squirrel to take her earrings back.
3. Why did Jana’s friends stop her from going near the tree?
Jana’s friends stopped her from going near the tree because it would affect or hurt Jana.
4. Who made the tree become a monster?
The people made the tree become a monster.
5. Why was the tree called ‘The mother tree’?
The tree was called ‘The mother tree’ because it gave shelter to many squirrels.
1. How did Jana sleep after nightmare?
Jana hugged her mother and slept with her.
2. Did people cut the tree?
No, the people did not cut the tree.
3. What is the nature of Jana?
She was a brave and curious little girl.
4. How many squirrels were nearly there?
There were hundreds of them.
Let Us Build
A. Match the animal with its young one.
D. Fill in the blanks
|My young one is Lamb||My young one is Kitten|
|My young one is Eaglet||My young one is Fry|
C. Fill in the blanks.
( hatchling gosling fry lamb )
1. The fisher caught the __________.
Ans : fry
2. The ostrich took care of its _____________.
Ans : hatchling
3. The goose is swimming with its _____________.
Ans : gosling
4. Vinoth had a little ______________.
Ans : lamb
Some Useful Pages